Motorcycle jackets are long been in fashion and add an elegant style to the rider’s feel. In short, it adds to the whole look of a rider, which is incomplete without it. Riders are always inclined towards being fashionistas as it adds to the feel and increases enthusiasm. And if you in future decide to quit riding, these jackets are fashionable enough for a casual outfit as well. Moreover, motorcycle jackets are not just for the sake of style but also give you overall protection and comfort when riding on a long journey. Also, it protects one from the sun, wind, dirt, and even bugs. The most important part of wearing a jacket is, however, the protection perspective.
It provides protection from any mishaps like a crash and protects oneself from the possible scratches that might happen to the skin without it. Most motorcycle jackets have inner padding to the most likely parts that are prone to injuries like shoulder and elbows. Also, on a sunny day, it will as well protect you from the harmful UV rays and the attached possibilities of sunburns. Therefore choosing a jacket that is durable, trendy, and high quality is important for when considering to buy one. You can refer to the below-listed products and choose one jacket that suits you well.
So what should you consider before buying a Jacket, especially in India?
1. The Fit
Fitting of the jacket shouldn’t be too tight or too loose. They should be perfect for your body type and size. Make sure it covers your torso properly. For the hand, it should be covering the wrists (the length of the sleeves should not be too much as it interferes while holding the handlebars); for the protection of fingers and knuckles buy gloves.
2. Protection for the crucial parts of the body
The list of jackets provided below are specifically for riding (of course, they will look cool when worn casually as well), They have armored protection attached for parts like shoulders, elbows, and back. Some of them have removable protection as well. Some parts of the torso are more prone to dangers and are quite sensitive than others, they need special protection. So before buying a jacket, make sure it has protection for these areas.
3. The material of the Jacket
Depending upon your need, you can opt for a leather jacket or fabric or any other material. We don’t recommend going for a cloth material because it won’t prove much useful in case of any mishaps. The jackets discussed below are made from a special fabric that is really durable and can withstand worse conditions.
Let’s not forget one of the most important aspects to look for in a jacket, the reflectors improve the visibility of the jacket in the dark nights. As you know, sometimes bikers are not visible to bigger vehicles like trucks and cars. So it becomes important that they notice you. Reflectors ensure that when light from their vehicles hit your jacket, you are properly noticed and visible to other fellow motorists.
5. Number of Pockets
Unless you have a dedicated storage box (or dikki) on your bike, you will have to keep your stuff with yourself. Jackets should have at least two pockets for storing your mobile phone, wallet, and other important things. Pockets are important to store needy and frequently used stuff.
6. Air Vents
Jackets provide extra protection to your body by covering you properly but since some can be heavy (due to protection). Due to this, you might feel uncomfortable in summer conditions especially in India where the scorching sun is shining above us. You should look for air vents before buying a riding jacket.
7. Removable liners
Nowadays, many jackets come with the option of removable liner- for the sake of rain and wind-proofing. A liner can be removed by unzipping it from the interior of the jacket. The idea of providing such liners is because of the weather- in winters when a rider faces chilly winds and freezing cold especially on highways these liners can help them face extreme weather conditions.
Here are our top picks for the best motorcycle jackets to buy in India in 2019 based on multiple selection criteria:
1. Rynox Stealth Evo V3 Jacket
Rynox Stealth Evo is a three Layer Armoured Biking Jacket. Knox Microlock protectors for shoulder and elbow: CE EN-1621:1:2012 Level 2( T+ T-). Certified Reflective strips on front and back for night-time visibility. It has Soft collar with cozy padding at chin for additional comfort. Also, a Removable kidney support belt with 3D Mesh for maximum air ventilation along with durable elastic straps for equal support to the lower back.
Fleece side pockets to keep your hands warm and cozy during winters. 100% Micro-velcro usage: An upgrade from the conventional harsh velcro to avoid scraps to your skin in case of a fall. Safety Stitch System – Dual stitching at impact zones to ensure maximum safety. Arm and cuff adjusters to ensure that your armors stay in place during impact & Waist synchs for the snug fit.
- Accordion panel at elbows for maximum ride comfort.
- Connection zipper for riding pants
- 8 air vents for maximum airflow including arm-pit ventilators (Rynox Exclusive)
- Includes a CE EN-1621:2:2014 certified Level 2 back protector
- Openable Aero-Flip mesh panels on the chest to ensure maximum air ventilation when required and close it on a flip to ensure that dust and muck does not settle directly on your inners if you are passing through a dusty terrain
- 2-way adjustable zipper ventilation mechanism at arms (Rynox Exclusive)
- Wind-Blast feature at the front air vents to ensure direct airflow (Rynox Exclusive)
- 2 external water resistant flap pockets & 1 external rabbit pocket at the back to keep your rain jacket
1 PVC coated 100% waterproof internal pocket
- Comes with CE prEN 1621-3:2017 certified Rynox CEROS chest protector with one of a kind multi-layered hexa-form pattern for impact resistance with ventilation and flexibility (Rynox Exclusive)
- Built with heavy-duty 600D PU coated polyester fabric for maximum strength and durability
INVISTA Cordura reinforcement at impact zones for higher abrasion on impact. (Rynox Exclusive)
Hi-Viz orange 3D mesh fabric used inside openable air ventilation areas to provide daytime visibility after opening the vents
- Stylish and full-length thermal jacket - Best in class and extra cozy which can also be worn as a separate stand-alone jacket
- Twin color external rain jacket with sealed seams for waterproofing with Rynox reflective printing at the back and front for extra visibility
- Twin flap coverage on the main vizlon zip to counter water-seepage through the zip and reduce capillary action.
- Though the price is slightly on the higher side, but it's totally justifiable since the jacket is fully loaded with features and provides extra protection on crucial body parts (including Level 2 back protector).
2.MOTOTECH Trailblazer TourPro Jacket
MotoTech Scrambler Air Motorcycle Jacket is the ideal all-season Level 2 jacket. It has one of the best protection available under this price range. This jacket is featuring almost everything that a rider needs. It’s perfect for long rides and tours whether the external conditions are hot, humid or extreme cold. It comes with an external rain cover to protect you. The reflective air colling system has 6 ports, in which 2 are in the upper chest, 2 upper arms and 2 upper back for proper ventilation even when it’s hot out there. It’s one of the top-rated and trusted jackets in the market.
3. Vykon Navigator Jacket
Vykon Navigator Jacket was made keeping in mind the need of the bikers- “We need breathability on hot days but rain and wind-blocking on others.”
It offers an exceptional first few layers of defense against the elements and the tarmac or trail. It has a fully removable waterproof and windproof liner so that you can transition from cooler temps and inclement weather to hotter climates with ease.
Should the mercury really soar, you can boost airflow by splaying open the main storm flap to reveal mesh paneling or expose the large chest intake ducts. The jacket is outfitted with multiple adjustment points on the arms and torso, so you can layer up in the winter but then cinch down the fit in the summer. This is truly a jacket intended for full-calendar adventure touring.
Navigator jacket offers the essentials required for a comfortable ride in various conditions.
Its list of notable features includes protection, ventilation and plenty of storage. A detachable and waterproof HuMax liner is perfect for the days when the weather is not on your side. Keep it in to keep the water out. Take it out when you would like more airflow to your upper body.
Further adding to your comfort is the detachable thermal liner, which will keep you warm when temperatures drop. Plenty of vents for air circulation and various adjustability options all add up to an extremely competent garment. In terms of protection, Navigator jacket comes equipped with BETAC CE-approved EN 1621-1 protection at the shoulders and elbows.
- Outer shell constructed in 600D EVO Thread fabric & 600D Duratex cotton touch polyester
- 100% waterproof, windproof and highly breathable HuMax liner offers unsurpassed durable wearer
- Reflectors at the front and rear for visibility on-road visibility.
- Comfortable and waterproof up to 20.000 mm
- Detachable and removable thermal jacket
- Removable chest and back panels for additional ventilation
- BETAC CE EN-1621 certified protectors at shoulders & elbows. Made in Italy.
- One of the best riding jackets available in the Indian market at such a reasonable price range.
4. LS2 – Teide Jacket
The Teide is a jacket that allows a series of possibilities of use, adaptable for all four seasons. It has two types of linings, one thermal and the other impermeable. On warmer days, these linings can be removed making it a more ventilated piece. In short, it is an extremely functional, versatile jacket with various adjustments, essential for safe and comfortable riding.
It is made from Oxford 600D Fabric, a Mesh Fabric. It has Removable waterproof lining with seam; Removable thermal liner. The Collars are equipped with adjustable snap closure. The waist is also adjustable with velcro and magnetic button. Similarly, the sleeves are also adjustable and waist with push buttons; adjustable cuffs with velcro and zipper.
With external front pockets, Two internal pockets fixed in the lining; Two side pockets with zipper closure; A built-in mobile phone pocket; Zipper system for attachment with trousers.
Reflective details to increase pilot visibility; Abrasion-resistant; Removable CE protectors on the shoulders and elbows EN 1621-1: 2012 Level 1; Removable column guard in EVA.
LS2 Apparel – Teide – Black – All Season Mesh Motorcycle Riding Jacket for Men With CE Approved Protectors – (4XL) (XXX…
- Reflective details to increase the visibility of the pilot
- 600D Oxford Fabric (100% polyester)
- Outer layer fixed mesh liner + fixed waterproof membrane + removable winter liner
- CE protection on elbows and shoulders and all protectors are removable
- Adjustment on neck, waist, arms, and cuff.
- Removable protectors on the shoulders and elbows provided give you the option to attach it or not depending on the conditions and type of ride you are going on, but we recommend to keep them on!
- Two side pockets, Zipper system for attachment with trousers
- Provides you major protection from any mishaps on the road with not much stress on your pocket.
5. Royal Enfield Streetwind Riding Jacket
Royal Enfield Streetwind is a budget-friendly jacket that will protect you from mishaps as well. This jacket is quite comfortable to wear even in summers when the mercury hit highs. It provides CE level 1 protection for crucial areas like shoulders. elbows and spine. It’s great for long rides.
As the days get longer, ride through those extra miles comfortably. The Street wind riding jacket keeps you cool and protected to go a little further.
Suitable for all-day rides with 100% Polyester outer shell
CE Level 1 protection for shoulders, elbows and back
Cordura denim for added comfort and durability
We hope you like our in-depth comparison and review of the best motorcycle jackets In India 2019-2020. Feel free to comment down your thoughts and queries, we will surely answer them in time.
[This is an updated 2019-2020 list for the best motorcycle jackets in India. All the products are available on Amazon.]